Monday, April 1, 2013

The adventure begins -

So today is April Fool's day, but this blog is not starting as a joke. For the last 10 days I have had the chance to spend time in the beautiful territory of Puerto Rico. While I was on this trip I saw some amazing things. I grew closer to some of the people I want to keep in my life.

For the last few months my roommate has been trying to get me to get a juicer and change my diet. To move away from the stuff I love to eat, and force a change in my life. A couple weeks back it came up in conversation about how happy he was for me a couple months back when I decided I would get stomach surgery. (as always work has gotten in the way of allowing time for such a thing)

He told me that he was excited for my choice because he knew I needed the help.

While in Puerto Rico there were 2 activities I wanted to do but because of my weight I was not able to do them. I have gotten so fat I can't even ride a horse on vacation! That is a pretty sad statement. Horses for centuries have carried people and stuff....and I am to large to go for a ride.

So this morning I bought my first Juicer. I went to the grocery story I always go to and bought more veggies than I have ever bought in my life. The lady who always helps check out my groceries looked at me like I had gone crazy when I came through her line and I only had veggies. So I explained what I was up to.

Today I start the journey at 6'4" and 325 pounds. I have 2 great friends who are determined to keep me focused and help me get in shape enough were I will be able to enjoy myself again. Where I will be able to feel like I love myself again.

All in all I have a good life. I have nice things. I have a good job. But there is still a void that exists from not having someone in my life. Growing up in a religious culture that encourages and expects people to be married and a family unit is very hard while you are divorced. Being a divorced Mormon almost feels like I have a mark on my chest. I giant "D". That plus being heavy is not the ideal catch of what people are looking for.


So the adventure begins. I will update often, and start taking pictures so I can keep track of my progress.


No comments:

Post a Comment